- Product Details
- High Performance lowest dust rating pads for Prestige imports and faster street driving.
There are two reasons our customers love Redstuff, First because they are the lowest dust pad we have encountered by reducing dust by 60-90%. Plus the minimal dust you see is very easily removed with a simple sponge wash as it contains no steel fibre particles as in all other pads. Second they brake like an alligator right from cold (as good as Original pads or better) and just get better as they heat up.
This material is a Kevlar® fibre based brake compound enhanced with ceramic particles. If you have previously tried EBC redstuff (pre-ceramic compound) this material is light years ahead. It lasts longer, it brakes better and is quieter.
Being a hard wearing pad, bed-in times can be as long as 1000 miles and drivers must be patient until the pad takes up the shape of their disc (brake rotor). This is a truly impressive fast road pad for repeated heavy braking.
It emits far less dust than semi-metallic pads and has been proven to stop a passenger car/sedan/sport compact/hot hatch 13 metres quicker than OEM pads from 100mph/160kph. Features EBC Brake-In surface coating which conditions rotor surface and accelerates pad bed-in. Nominal friction coefficient 0.5 with approx. 50% dust reduction.
Most EBC Red Ceramic pads are approved to ECE R90 brake safety regulation.
- Redstuff ceramic brake pads, passenger car/saloon car pad NOT made for Truck or SUV fitments.
- EBC lowest dust fast street pad with 20-25% % brake improvement.
- Capable of repeated heavy brake use without brake “Fall-Off”.
- Very minimal disc/rotor damage characteristics.
- Superb material for Prestige imports/European and Asian cars.
- ECE R 90 type approved for most cars.
- Features red “brake in’ surface coating for instant safe braking after install.
- Technical Info
- Redstuff brake pads are however as a harder compound does take longer to fully bed in to achieve its highest levels of performance (can be up to 1500 miles/2500 Kms urban use) during which time the odd “Chirp” of brake noise may be heard when starting from cold in damp and cold conditions at walking pace speed. One press of the pedal to clear the rotor of any dampness and this disappears to leave EBC Redstuff a pad that inspires confidence in all cars. The motto is be patient give the pads a full chance to bed down.
Redstuff is only available for heavier and faster cars and does find its self at its best on slightly heavier cars. Selecting the right grade of EBC brake pad for you car is important and you can see the entire EBC selection and how to choose the right brakes for your car by switching to this linked page.
Brake dust has been rated by many OEM builders to be a more serious source of complaints than even brake squeal and as such EBC Brakes is proud to bring you with this new EBC Redstuff blend what is probably a world first in a pad that is almost dust free yet delivers performance braking.
Less dust also means less rotor wear and it is almost guaranteed that your rotors will last double as long as when used with the more abrasive steel fibre brake compounds used by almost all of our competition.
EBC Redstuff should be used at both front and rear for optimum balanced brake performance but if this is outside your budget see the “Can use” table below:
On Front OK to fit or have on rear Original Ultimax only Ultimax Ultimax or original Greenstuff Greenstuff, Ultimax or Redstuff or original Redstuff Redstuff or Original Yellowstuff Yellowstuff,Green,Red,Ultimax or original
- Suitable For
Vehicle From To Application AC 428 7.0 1967 1974 Rear AC Cobra 4.2 1961 1963 Rear AC Cobra 4.7 1963 1969 Rear Alfa Romeo Giulietta (116) 1.3 95bhp 1977 1979 Rear Aston Martin DB5 4.0 1963 1965 Rear Aston Martin DB6 4.0 1965 1970 Rear Aston Martin DBS 4.0 1967 1973 Rear Aston Martin DBS V8 5.3 1969 1972 Rear Aston Martin Lagonda 5.3 1976 1990 Rear Aston Martin Short Chassis Volante 4.0 1965 1966 Rear Aston Martin V8 5.3 1973 1990 Rear Aston Martin V8 Vantage 5.3 1977 1989 Rear Aston Martin V8 Zagato 5.3 1985 1990 Rear Daimler Double Six 5.3 1972 1993 Rear Jaguar XJR 3.6 1991 1991 Rear Jaguar XJR-S 5.3 1988 1990 Rear Jaguar XJR-S 6.0 1989 1993 Rear Jaguar XJS 3.6 1983 1992 Rear Jaguar XJS 5.3 1975 1991 Rear Jensen FF 6.3 1966 1972 Rear Jensen Interceptor 6.3 1969 1972 Rear Jensen Interceptor 7.2 1971 1976 Rear
- With a worldwide work force of over 400 people EBC Brakes is an independently owned and managed leader in the brake market, proud of it’s customers, it’s products, it’s success and its people. EBC Brakes produce the largest range of brake pads and brake discs in the world. With over 5000 part numbers for every type of moving vehicle. EBC Brakes are made in one of its two specialist factories in the UK and USA. The majority of EBC brake discs or brake rotors are also made in the UK.
With modern trends towards cheap imported brake pads and brake rotors EBC Brakes leads the world in its technology,quality control, product performance and customer service. Our product range includes brake pads for cars,trucks and SUV, brake rotors (brake discs) for every rolling vehicle on the planet and even brake pads for wind farms, brake pads for military applications such as the Humvee, various armored cars and even tanks, railway brakes productsand all kinds of industrial vehicle brakes.
Types of brake pads manufactured include aramid brake pads, sintered brakes, ceramic brake pads and carbon long life brake pads. The EBC Brake rotor brake disc range includes cast iron brake rotors or brake discs for automobiles, stainless steel brake rotors for motorcycles,mountain bike brake pads and mountain bike brake rotors and ATV brake pads and rotors. Over the years the brake market has seen many changes and many brands come and go. We have also seen many so called “Famous Names” resort to “Branding” products and having them made by licensees in “emerging market” locations. EBC has strongly pursued its philosophy that brake pads and brake rotors or brake discs are safety products and are best hand crafted and made with care and maximum focus on high quality rather than price savings and are designed and researched on an on-going basis in our own facilities rather than turning a high safety product into a commodity marketed price point product. We firmly believe that saving a few pennies on brake pads and brake rotors is false economy.
EBC Brakes remains therefore committed to its exclusive UK and USA manufacturing.
EBC has no less than 8 dynamometer systems in its two factories representing over $3 million investment in research along and with its 60 year pedigree of brake material blending you can be sure that brake pads bearing the EBC name will deliver and perform. Environment is equally important to EBC and brake pads made in our factories have every possible consideration for environmental protection.
- Ask a Question
Product Question/Stock Enquiry?