- Product Details
- EBC's radically improved Ultimax ECO friendly brake pad. If you thought our Ultimax brake pad was good, this one is even BETTER!
This is what Ultimax2™ brake pads deliver:
- Superb daily driver R90 type approved pad.
- Features red “brake in’ surface coating for instant safe braking after install.
- New 100 % ECO friendly material with ZERO sulphides.
- No shims for noise reduction needed.
- More bite from cold.
- Works in hot and dry climates as well as in cold.
- Fully R 90 approved as was the original Ultimax grade.Ultimax2™ brake pad will supersede on a stock rotation basis its predecessor material and customers will only be supplied Ultimax2™ as stocks of the 2012 sell through or they place a specific order for a production run of 100 sets per reference for a dedicated production batch.
If you simply need a quality OEM replacement pad, look no further than the Ultimax2™ brake pad. Made in the UK Bristol EBC Brakes manufacturing plant the Ultimax2™ brake pad is a beautifully engineered brake compound that lasts well, produces minimal dust and is the perfect choice for the urban or daily driver. Why spend more if all you need is a quality replacement pad.
The Ultimax2™ brake pad is a total NON METALLIC pad containing ZERO steel fibre making this a cleaner pad far less aggressive to cast iron brake rotors.
Ultimax2™ has also been graded Code “N” by the USA brake ratings system meaning this receives the TOP award for its environmentally friendly status and has also achieved the much coveted GG friction rating, almost unheard of in the automotive brake Industry.
This equates to a clean pad, that lasts longer, extends disc life and emits ZERO toxicity and is a true PAD FOR THE FUTURE. The brake effect with the GG ratting is truly amazing and delivers powerful braking at first brake application. Ultimax2™ has also been widely tested in cold and damp conditions in Northern Europe and Scandinavia and in the Caribbean hot and humid temperatures where brake noise was ZERO.
GG friction rated highest in brake effec Top Rated with Class N by the USA environmental testing to SAE J2975:2011
- Technical Info
- A high friction pad designed for general replacement use on cars, vans and SUV’s (4x4s).
Using shimmed, chamfered and slotted technology and incorporating EBC’s unique BRAKE-IN coating for super quick pad bed-in, (in Europe only certain numbers are shimmed, in USA ALL Ultimax range are shimmed). EBC black coded brake pads are a high friction premium quality friction material approved to ECE R90 brake safety regulations and as such are an exact equivalent to original equipment pads fitted to your vehicle from the factory – but for far less money.
Don’t let the lower price point cloud your view of this superb quality product, these pads will stop your vehicle as fast as any original equipment pad and faster than most aftermarket pads. One brilliant feature of EBC R90 pads is their ability to completely eliminate brake judder and these pads will actually COMPENSATE for mild brake judder after 300-400 miles of use. Nominal friction co-efficient 0.46 with minimal rotor damage and similar dust to original parts.
Reduced Rotor Wear
Disc wear is reduced by up to 50% with the EBC material compared to more abrasive semi metallics. It is common to replace the rotor with every pad change on some OE parts but with EBC it is quite common to see one rotor last TWO sets of pad lifetimes, offering significant savings. This does NOT mean that the EBC pads wear quickly either.
- Suitable For
Vehicle From To Application Porsche 944 2.5 Turbo 217bhp 1985 1988 Front Porsche 944 3.0 208bhp 1989 1992 Front Porsche 928 5.0 320bhp 1986 1991 Rear Porsche 928 5.0 330bhp 1989 1991 Rear Porsche 928 5.4 350bhp 1992 1996 Rear Porsche 944 2.5 Turbo 217bhp 1985 1988 Rear Porsche 944 2.5 Turbo 250bhp 1988 1991 Rear Porsche 944 3.0 208bhp 1989 1992 Rear
- With a worldwide work force of over 400 people EBC Brakes is an independently owned and managed leader in the brake market, proud of itâ€™s customers, itâ€™s products, itâ€™s success and its people. EBC Brakes produce the largest range of brake pads and brake discs in the world. With over 5000 part numbers for every type of moving vehicle. EBC Brakes are made in one of its two specialist factories in the UK and USA. The majority of EBC brake discs or brake rotors are also made in the UK.
With modern trends towards cheap imported brake pads and brake rotors EBC Brakes leads the world in its technology,quality control, product performance and customer service. Our product range includes brake pads for cars,trucks and SUV, brake rotors (brake discs) for every rolling vehicle on the planet and even brake pads for wind farms, brake pads for military applications such as the Humvee, various armored cars and even tanks, railway brakes productsand all kinds of industrial vehicle brakes.
Types of brake pads manufactured include aramid brake pads, sintered brakes, ceramic brake pads and carbon long life brake pads. The EBC Brake rotor brake disc range includes cast iron brake rotors or brake discs for automobiles, stainless steel brake rotors for motorcycles,mountain bike brake pads and mountain bike brake rotors and ATV brake pads and rotors.
Over the years the brake market has seen many changes and many brands come and go. We have also seen many so called â€œFamous Namesâ€ resort to â€œBrandingâ€ products and having them made by licensees in â€œemerging marketâ€ locations. EBC has strongly pursued its philosophy that brake pads and brake rotors or brake discs are safety products and are best hand crafted and made with care and maximum focus on high quality rather than price savings and are designed and researched on an on-going basis in our own facilities rather than turning a high safety product into a commodity marketed price point product. We firmly believe that saving a few pennies on brake pads and brake rotors is false economy.
EBC Brakes remains therefore committed to its exclusive UK and USA manufacturing.
EBC has no less than 8 dynamometer systems in its two factories representing over $3 million investment in research along and with its 60 year pedigree of brake material blending you can be sure that brake pads bearing the EBC name will deliver and perform. Environment is equally important to EBC and brake pads made in our factories have every possible consideration for environmental protection.
- Ask a Question
Product Question/Stock Enquiry?