Tex was established in the 1940s as Magnatex Ltd, who registered the Tex trademark on October 25, 1944. The company commenced supply of parts to British manufacturers in 1947 and quickly grew to be a major supplier of windscreen wipers and interior mirrors to the recovering British motor industry. It also established a major presence in the design and supply of vehicle wing mirrors, which were a major item for both OEM and dealer fitment all the way through to the mid-1970s. Windscreen wash systems were added to the range as they became a manufacturer standard fit.
Today, Tex Automotive Ltd is the premier manufacturer and supplier of genuine original equipment windscreen wiper arms and blades, windscreen wash equipment, and wing mirrors for the majority of British cars manufactured from the of the 1940s to the 1970s. In this regard it continues to be an essential supplier of parts that allow an owner to maintain good clear vision, both through the windscreen and to the rear of the vehicle; a vital role in keeping classic cars and their owners safe on our increasingly busy roads.
No other company offers the breadth of range or indeed the flexibility of production that results from its UK manufacturing base – over 95 per cent of the items are produced in Britain using the original tooling. This makes the brand a perfect fit with British Motor Heritage’s own products, as they are also produced to original tooling.